Database Systems Lab
The primary goal of the Database Systems Lab is to understand the need of data management and develop scalable strategies for a variety of traditional and emerging database applications. Emphasis is on the development of new indexing and query processing algorithms, disruptive storage paradigms with new storage media, and scale-out platforms for data services.
The research at the DBS Lab covers a wide spectrum of database problems including:
- Accelerating database engines with flash memory
- Transactional support and fast recovery
- XML/RDF indexing and query processing
- Data services in the P2P and Internet environments
- Spatial and time-series data management